First Progress Update
Over the past few months, very little coding was done on The Dungeon. Instead, the time was spent working on paper to get a better idea for the overall flow of the game and learning a bit about Blender so that I will have the skills to make the game feel more like what I imagine.
This update include the addition of a main screen before the game, a scene change when the final cell is accessed, a change in lighting, optimization which improved my FPS significantly, torch model replacement, player stats (not shown) and the start of basic enemy AI (not shown).
- Main Screen - Simply displays title, passes to next scene on pressing space
- Scene Change - Simple fade and load next scene, carrying over player data
- Lighting - Instead of just orange to signify fire light, the player gives off a light blue which makes dark areas feel dark
- Optimization - I went overboard on particles originally, and decided that less still achieve the same desired affect without the cost to performance
- Torch Model - Created an un-textured stone torch model in Blender. Learning how to texture it is the next step.
- Player Stats - Player level, hp, experience, damage, ect. is tracked, but not used as of yet
- Enemy AI - The introduction of simple enemy AI that moves around and will move toward the player is created, but not used as of yet.
I look forward to creating and updating The Dungeon to become an actual experience rather than a few rooms with basic controls.
Until the next update,
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.